Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hi Everybody,
I was excited yesterday to be here when the new baby was born and announced - no name just yet but they know that there will be another heir to the throne. The news showed Wills and Kate showing the baby and then putting him in the back seat of the car to go home. Kate got in the back seat with the baby and then Wills drove off - on his own. It reminded all of us about taking our babies home for the first time. We are part of a group that has our own lounge where we can eat breakfast and dinner, have drinks and newspapers and visit with each other.

I met a young man who is "Indian" born and raised in Nevada. He is starting UCLA's law school in a few weeks and he brought his mom and dad on a week holiday to London (His mom's dream vacation). They were great fun to visit with.

I am having a lot of fun introducing Mike as Michael Cain and seeing all the Brit's take a second look at him. I laugh and tell them we will return for autographs after dinner...or some such nonsense.

Tomorrow morning we leave London to head to Bath. Leora's daughter, Missy, and her wonderful husband Alan are taking time off work to go with us. Alan is picking us up and driving us to Bath. He is really a fun guy. We laughed and laughed at his funny comments during our visit to the national gallery....a FREE gallery of many famous artists. It was just enough and there were plenty of empty seats for me to get off my legs.

Yesterday it rained just enough to soak everybody and then cleared up. When we were on top of the double decker bus we were fine but inside was like a sauna. I think my body hated it most of all.

I have noticed that in European hotels you are given either no tub at all or the tub is six feet long. I have had good luck with the handrails being placed just right to put my foot on and keep me from being swallowed up by the tub - until this one. I think the tub is at least six feet long. I tip my toes and can just keep my chin from dropping into the water...until I fall asleep or forget and then I have a little water slide under the bubbles. In America our tub isn't even long enough for me to extend my legs full length. LOL funny little thing to talk about.

We do have a very posh hotel room this time and Mike can sit at this computer comfortably. We will be off in a few minutes to go to a set of museums close to our hotel. Then we are going to use the underground a bit to get used to it. We got a card for the tour bus and the underground that makes it all very affordable.

I wanted to find out where the zoo was from that movie, "I bought a zoo." but I just can't figure it out so I gave up. Well, time for me to post and get moving.

Love you all. See you in just a little bit of time. I can't believe we are so close to the end of our wild adventures overseas.

Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment

A message about this blog.