Hello Everybody,
Michael thought I should blog instead of sending emails to everybody so this is my first posting. I love Italy. I keep trying to find something about this lovely country that would make me prefer home...but the only thing that makes my home more appealing is, of course, our families and jobs. Italy is a wonderful country, full of wonderful people who have gone out of their way to help us. (I am certain that a few people have gone out of their way to overcharge us and may have taken advantage of me in that way but if I lived here and understood Italian that wouldn't happen as everything is negotiable.)
Health care is amazing. One of the people in our group, while in Florence, needed a doctor for their son. The doctor came to the hotel to see him. Kyle (the young man's name) was very ill so the doctor made sure he was taken to the proper hospital. He and his mom missed a day or two of the touring but Kyle was feeling much better when he was back. Another member of the group needed to see a doctor for an infection in her blistered feet. Again, a different doctor arrived at the hotel and took care of her wounds. The hospital stay for our friend, Velvet, and medicine was less than one hundred Euro.
Mike got an ear infection and we were able to simply walk into a pharmacy and see a doctor there who sold us some antibiotic ear drops. Later while in our beautiful small village I needed a doctor for an infection and she came right to the hotel. We took her picture which I will add to the blog. The doctor took out a small pad of paper and one of those rubber stamps that self inks. She put her information on the top of the paper and wrote the prescription (with beautiful handwriting). She was very considerate of the expense of the medicine and told me to be sure to bill my insurance when I got home.
Mike took me to the pharmacy and I handed the script to the pharmacist who opened a drawer and handed me the medicine. She charged me....six euro seventy cents...I had my credit card out and was prepared to be paying over a hundred dollars like we would in America, but, it was only six euro...probably ten American dollars. I couldn't have been happier about the entire experience
At the grocery store I saw a young family who had two little boys with them, probably two and four years old. Both boys had glasses on. I wonder if the eye care and dental care are also part of the medical system. Those boys obviously needed glasses as the glasses were very thick.
I will say good bye for now. I think I will attempt another nap before Mike wakes up.
I wonder what the health care will be like in the UK and France.
Michael thought I should blog instead of sending emails to everybody so this is my first posting. I love Italy. I keep trying to find something about this lovely country that would make me prefer home...but the only thing that makes my home more appealing is, of course, our families and jobs. Italy is a wonderful country, full of wonderful people who have gone out of their way to help us. (I am certain that a few people have gone out of their way to overcharge us and may have taken advantage of me in that way but if I lived here and understood Italian that wouldn't happen as everything is negotiable.)
Health care is amazing. One of the people in our group, while in Florence, needed a doctor for their son. The doctor came to the hotel to see him. Kyle (the young man's name) was very ill so the doctor made sure he was taken to the proper hospital. He and his mom missed a day or two of the touring but Kyle was feeling much better when he was back. Another member of the group needed to see a doctor for an infection in her blistered feet. Again, a different doctor arrived at the hotel and took care of her wounds. The hospital stay for our friend, Velvet, and medicine was less than one hundred Euro.
Mike got an ear infection and we were able to simply walk into a pharmacy and see a doctor there who sold us some antibiotic ear drops. Later while in our beautiful small village I needed a doctor for an infection and she came right to the hotel. We took her picture which I will add to the blog. The doctor took out a small pad of paper and one of those rubber stamps that self inks. She put her information on the top of the paper and wrote the prescription (with beautiful handwriting). She was very considerate of the expense of the medicine and told me to be sure to bill my insurance when I got home.
Mike took me to the pharmacy and I handed the script to the pharmacist who opened a drawer and handed me the medicine. She charged me....six euro seventy cents...I had my credit card out and was prepared to be paying over a hundred dollars like we would in America, but, it was only six euro...probably ten American dollars. I couldn't have been happier about the entire experience
At the grocery store I saw a young family who had two little boys with them, probably two and four years old. Both boys had glasses on. I wonder if the eye care and dental care are also part of the medical system. Those boys obviously needed glasses as the glasses were very thick.
I will say good bye for now. I think I will attempt another nap before Mike wakes up.
I wonder what the health care will be like in the UK and France.
No comments:
Post a Comment
A message about this blog.