We are on an island in France that is famous for it's donkey's. Today we stopped and visited. I have put my pictures on the laptop before I can find the one I want to add...could take a bit as there are almost three thousand pictures. Out of that many I will probably get a few good ones and a ton of blurred. My camera broke right before we left home, the lense cover won't open or shut properly - brand new camera. Anyway when I can I will send some donkey pictures, they have so much fur. I even go to pet one. He was so dirty, messy long hair falling off of him and burrs all over his body. His ears were huge and full of stickers, and then to make matters worse I pretended I had food in my hand to tease him over for a pat.
The pool just closed and the kids yells and giggles have stopped. We bought the first three seasons of LOST because we never watched it so we have had something in English to watch on the computer. I thought I would be able to watch free television like I do when we travel in California but I guess the whole system here works off of foreign satellites so none of the shows in English will play.
All of the rooms have ants in them, the maids have been hollering about it and fighting them. I showed them how to get rid of ants...took a few small pieces of banana and tossed it near the ants so that they would stay out of our room and feed on them. I guess they are gone now as the ants seem to be sneaking back in.
We are saving the cherry seeds and nectarine pits so we can grow some at home. The chicken in the stores is so different from ours, it is probably what a real chicken would look like, no layer of fat, kind of skinny looking, but we think that the food here is free of all the chemicals our food conains at home.
We went to dinner one night at our hotel and I had sea bass and got to dissect its intestines and see its head on my plate. They are really into pate's of all sorts....I am a suspicious eater...found a jar of skippy peanut butter and have been cookiing for myself and just taking bites from Mike's more adventurous meals.
I think that all of you should plan to see Italy - put it on the bucket list but don't wait too long because you have to walk walk walk walk all day long to see anything. I kept thinking how much our kids would love this or that. From wind surfing to museums our kids would love it here. The people who go wind surfing around the island don't start until full tide which is about seven at night. They will be on the water until the sun goes down before giving it up. I think that France must export clams and all that stuff. There are privately owned farms along with the group owned locks where the ocean is kind enough to deposit food.
French Atlantic Coast Donkeys
No comments:
Post a Comment
A message about this blog.