I took an extra excursion to a small, hill-top city thirty
minutes outside of Florence, called San Gimignano. Sally chose to stay at the hotel and rest. It really is a whirlwind tour, and I'm starting to feel it too. But I don't want to miss a thing, so I'm attending all of the tours. The vista of kilometers and
kilometers of Tuscan Hills was spectacular. I climbed to the top of the piazza
where there is an ancient cathedral, I bought a piece of original terra pottery art for 7 Euros, I enjoyed a “world’s best” gelato choccolate on the steps of an
ancient building .Here is the entrance to San Gimignono:
Here's the view across Tuscan fields from a side street:
The people are very friendly here. I tried to speak some Italiano to this Grandmother as she was taking a leisurely stroll with her Granddaughter. They both smiled at me and pretty much went on their way. They may "sprocken ze Deutsch" or perhaps my Italian is so bad they had no idea what I was said.



No comments:
Post a Comment
A message about this blog.